I am a freelance Graphic Designer and Digital Production Artist with 18+ years experience in the printing industry. I design for both Print and Web, as well as offer Photography services when needed. I want to use my extensive Graphic, Print, & Web Design experience to help clients add value and quality to their Marketing campaigns, brand identities, product launches, photography libraries, websites, and more. My goal is to create useful designs and provide excellent customer service.
MAC / PC
Clickography | San Jose, CA
(November 2006 - Current)
Currently accepting various contract work on a project-by-project basis for multiple markets.
Projects include: Marketing, logo development, print collateral design (brochures, datasheets, tri-folds, business cards), photography assignments, photo retouching, digital production, web redesigns, and lead generation.
PortItalia Construction | San Jose, CA
Creative Director, Marketing Manager, Accounting/HR, Admin
(January 2012 - November 2012)
- Primary objective was to assist in daily operations of the family business.
- Designed and established corporate identity (logo, letterhead, website, etc)
- Currently directing all Marketing efforts via print advertisements, direct mail, website, blog, social media, vehicle signage, holiday cards, etc.
- Capturing all job-site Photography and renting essential equipment for company portfolio.
- Gathering testimonials from clients.
- Setup a formal payroll system for the company, as well as company wide health insurance.
- Assisting the owner in formal hiring and termination of employees as necessary.
SchoolMessenger | Santa Cruz, CA
Senior Graphic Designer
(October 2002 - January 2012)
- Worked closely with the VP of Marketing to achieve usable eye-catching designs.
- Successfully implemented 3 different branding redesigns within a 10 year span during employment and ensured brand consistency was achieved within all 50-60 documents.
- Managed the proper use of multiple internal brands and ensured company wide consistency.
- Developed product logos and company logos as needed.
- Designed all tradeshow signage and managed proofing, printing, shipping, and tracking.
- Assisted with lead generation by designing various creatives for direct mail, email, advertisements, and web graphics.
- Assisted with Product and UI Development by working closely with both teams to create graphics, screenshots, buttons, and storyboards as necessary.
- Worked closely with the web developers to provide usable storyboards, graphics, and press release PDFs for weekly updating on the website.
- Managed the Event Planning for company sponsored cocktail events after conferences in various cities across the US. Coordination included: securing a venue, finalizing the menu and BEO, designing and printing invitations, purchasing giveaway items for raffles.
- Managed the design of the online Customer Service Center and content updates to Intranet.
The Creative Group | San Jose, CA
Graphic Designer / Digital Production Artist
(June 2002 - September 2002)
- On-call for special contract assignments that included full-scale Graphic Design services.
- Completed on-going projects for Meriwest Credit Union
Uniscape | Sunnyvale, CA
(December 2000 - May 2002)
- Created and maintained standard corporate identity through all aspects of organization including: stationary system, collateral, PowerPoint presentations, style guidelines, templates)
- Directed all offices (London, Singapore, Sunnyvale) on proper usage of logos, fonts, templates.
- Collaborated with Marketing to invent new corporate branding through web/graphic design.
- Completed in-house photography and photo stylization for new images to match branding.
- Directed company to PDF standard format, with a savings of $70,000 in print costs (2001-2002).
- Designed new white papers, technical briefs, tradeshow signage, and brochures.
- Worked closely with vendors and was the primary contact for all press checks.
- Directed the company in two successful product releases through redesign of: corporate brochure, press kits, collateral, presentations, banners, web graphics, tradeshow giveaways.
- Created design elements for product identity, interface, CD packaging, and software icons.
- Designed info-graphics illustrating software architecture and functions.
The Rose Collection | Los Gatos, CA
Interior Designer (upon completion of internship with company owner)
(July 2000 - December 2000)
- Responsibilities included providing full spectrum in-home interior design services.
- Prepared research, scale drawings, and executed effective presentations for long term projects.
- Assisted clients with direction of goals, themes, styles, budgets, and timelines.
- Responsible for the progress of each project to completion, while working independently.
- Orchestrated meetings with required contractors and vendors at client job-site.
Data Marketing Inc. | San Jose, CA
Creative Design Consultant (promotion)
(September 2000 - December 2000)
- Consult Creative and Production staff’s with all active in-house projects on a weekly basis.
- Provide technical support via telephone and email on a weekly basis.
Graphic Designer / Production Supervisor
(June 1994 - July 2000)
- Directed Print Production & Creative staffs to ensure project completion to meet deadline.
- Created client mock-ups, desktop publishing, and graphic design.
- Composed art concepts for specific direct mail targets (high tech, non profit, retail, etc).
- Created and established the Year 2000 DMI corporate identity redesign.
- Primary contact person for accepting artwork from clients and releasing artwork to vendors.
- Provide technical consulting to clients on USPO regulations for direct mail.
- Assist Account Executive with accurate pricing and budgets.
- Primary contact person for press checks and proofing with vendors and clients.
De Anza College (Cupertino, CA)
Major: Applied Arts & Graphic Design
West Valley College (Saratoga, CA)
Major: General & English